Free School Meal vouchers during COVID19 Lockdown
Families who qualify for Free School Meals will soon be receiving vouchers from Edenred to spend in the supermarket of their choice. We will be ordering the first vouchers on Wednesday 20th January and they will be issued for two weeks at a time so you will receive £30 per qualifying child.
Please note, Edenred may have some delays in issuing the vouchers and have suggested it could take four days for you to receive them.
We will be issuing the vouchers by email, so please check your Junk/Spam folders and approve Edenred's email address so they land in your inbox next time.
If your child is currently in school rather than home learning, you will not receive the vouchers as they are receiving their Free School Meal in school.
To redeem your vouchers
The process is very simple!
Just visit the website https://www.selectyourcompliment.co.uk/dfe
Enter your 16-digit code, choose your preferred supermarket, and then take your voucher to the supermarket! You can show your voucher to the supermarket cashier on your phone, so you don't need to print it off.
The following information is from the Edenred website https://www.edenred.co.uk/reward-recipients/Free-School-Meal-Vouchers/
What parents and carers need to know about the national free school meals voucher scheme
The National Free School Meals Voucher scheme will go live week commencing 18 January.
For parents and carers who want to know more about it, here’s an overview of how the scheme works.
- Every school has the option to use the national voucher scheme, but they also have the choice to put in place other arrangements. Your school will be able tell you how you will receive free school meal support.
- The scheme will provide free school meal vouchers to cover the four-week period between 18 January – 12 February.
- Schools will place the initial voucher orders on behalf of families between Monday and Wednesday next week. Your school will decide how often you receive your vouchers.
- Once the order has been placed, families will either receive an email with an eCode which you can redeem for a supermarket eGift card or receive printed eGift cards from the school, if they have chosen to distribute them that way.
- eCodes are 16-digit numbers which cannot be used directly with a supermarket and have to be redeemed first at www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk.
- eGift cards are the vouchers that can be printed or shown on a phone to spend in store.
- Some eGift cards can be spent online – for details of where you can do this please read our guide here.
- There are ten retailers participating on the scheme. You get to choose which one you want to spend your vouchers with when you redeem your eCode.
- It may take up to four days after your school placed its order before you receive your eCode. Please check your email inbox as well as your junk mail folder.
- If you haven’t received your eGift card it’s worth checking your junk or trash folder. If it hasn’t arrived after 24 hours you can re-order by completing the form here.
- Free school meals vouchers can only be used for food and groceries. They should not be redeemed for any non-food items such as electronic goods, clothing or media, or any age-restricted items, such as alcohol, cigarettes or lottery tickets.
- For questions about eligibility frequency or value of the vouchers, please contact your school in the first instance.
Dinners & Free School Meal Information
At Lowerplace School we offer a wonderful varied menu, prepared lovingly by our Catering Team.
Below you can see and print off an example of our menu, which runs on a 4 week cycle.
For children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, their school meal is free of charge under the Universal Infant Free School Meal scheme.
For children in Years 3 - 6, dinners cost £11.50 per week and we request that parents pay in advance. The school office cannot accept cash payments, but you can easily sign up for a SIMS Pay account to pay online. If you prefer not to make online payments, the school office can print a barcode for you to make cash or card payments at the Post Office or any Paypoint shop. Please contact the office for more information.
If you would like your child to switch from Packed Lunches to School Meals, or from School Meals to Packed Lunches, you must speak to a member of staff in the School Office (not your child's teacher) and give us notice by 3:30pm on Thursday the week before you would like to swap, so we can adjust the number of meals the school kitchen is making.
If you would like to pay for school dinners for a whole half-term, the amounts for the 2020-21 school year are shown below:
Autumn 1 - £85.10 (37 days)
Autumn 2 - £78.20 (34 days)
Spring 1 - £66.70 (29 days)
Spring 2 - £66.70 (29 days)
Summer 1 - £64.40 (28 days)
Summer 2 - £75.90 (33 days)