Mr Johnson is leaving us!
Sad news for this month, as Mr Johnson will be leaving to go to his new school at Christmas. Stay tuned for a secret message from school for how we can give him a send-off he’ll never forget.
There are a lot of things happening at school in December, please take a look at the flyer below for more information:Christmas events 2019
Parking and Walking Around School
As you’re aware, the extension to school is now underway, so the builders are accessing school through the Staff Car Park on Charter Street. Please can all parents take extra care when driving and parking on Charter Street as we will soon start seeing a lot more heavy vehicles at school. Please do not park ON the Staff Car Park when dropping off your children, as your vehicle may be at risk of damage by the contractor’s heavy machinery. Please do not use the Staff Car Park as a shortcut, especially at the start and end of the school day, as this is when it is likely to have the most cars or builder vehicles moving through it.
Extension to school
We are currently having an additional three classrooms built, to accommodate the larger year groups as they move up the school. Unfortunately, this is causing some disruption to the school site. We anticipate that the building works will continue until about February 2020.
You can view the plans on Rochdale Council’s planning portal using the reference 18/01410/FUL. There is a second application relating to car parking with the reference 19/007403/DOC.
The planning portal can be found here: http://publicaccess.rochdale.gov.uk/online-applications/
For the duration of the building works, the site will be affected in the following ways:
- Parents and children can still use the normal entrances on Charter Street and Kingsway to enter the school site.
- The on-site path that connects the Key Stage One and Two playgrounds (running parallel to the back of Watkin Street) will be closed.
- The majority of the Key Stage One playground will be inaccessible – we can still access all the entrances and exits to the Charter Street building, so drop-off and pickup will be unaffected for the children in that building. Break and lunchtimes will be arranged to use the playground for the Kingsway building and the school field and MUGA pitch.
- The staff car park will be used as the builders’ access to the site, with staff parking moved onto the field immediately beside it.
- The footpath that connects Charter Street and Kingsway will be re-routed around the car park and the school’s fenced field area – access from the Charter Street side will remain the same but the route will meet Kingsway on the other side of numbers 12 – 20 Kingsway.
We do ask for your support as the area around school may be busier than normal. Please remember to drive and park safely near to school so that our children and our neighbours are not put in danger or inconvenienced.
If you have any questions about the development, please contact Rochdale Council’s Planning and Development Team at email@example.com or 0300 303 8873.