Applying for Primary or Secondary School places
The application process is now open for both Primary School and Secondary School places.
If your child will be 4 years old by 1st September 2020, you should apply for their primary school place before Wednesday 15th January 2020. If your child is in Year 6, you can apply for a high school place before Thursday 31st October 2019. Please visit Rochdale Council’s website HERE to apply for your child’s school place.
Parking Around School
As you’re aware, the extension to school is now underway, so the builders are accessing school through the Staff Car Park on Charter Street. Please can all parents take extra care when driving and parking on Charter Street as we will soon start seeing a lot more heavy vehicles at school. Please do not park ON the Staff Car Park when dropping off your children, as your vehicle may be at risk of damage by the contractor’s heavy machinery.
We do run a “Walking Bus” daily from the small car park on the corner of Argyle Street and Watkin Street, where you can leave your children with members of school staff who will then walk them to school. If you would like your children to join the Walking Bus, please contact the office, either in person or by phone on 01706 648174.
Extension to school
Over the summer holidays, Lowerplace is going to start to expand! We’ll be having an additional three classrooms built, to accommodate the larger year groups as they move up the school. Unfortunately, this will cause some disruption to the school site. We anticipate that the building works will take about 6 months to complete.
You can view the plans on Rochdale Council’s planning portal using the reference 18/01410/FUL. There is a second application relating to car parking with the reference 19/007403/DOC.
The planning portal can be found here: http://publicaccess.rochdale.gov.uk/online-applications/
For the duration of the building works, the site will be affected in the following ways:
- Parents and children can still use the normal entrances on Charter Street and Kingsway to enter the school site.
- The on-site path that connects the Key Stage One and Two playgrounds (running parallel to the back of Watkin Street) will be closed.
- The majority of the Key Stage One playground will be inaccessible – we can still access all the entrances and exits to the Charter Street building, so drop-off and pickup will be unaffected for the children in that building. Break and lunchtimes will be arranged to use the playground for the Kingsway building and the school field and MUGA pitch.
- The staff car park will be used as the builders’ access to the site, with staff parking moved onto the field immediately beside it.
- The footpath that connects Charter Street and Kingsway will be re-routed around the car park and the school’s fenced field area – access from the Charter Street side will remain the same but the route will meet Kingsway on the other side of numbers 12 – 20 Kingsway.
We do ask for your support when we return to school on Wednesday 4th September, as the area around school may be busier than normal. Please remember to drive and park safely near to school so that our children and our neighbours are not put in danger or inconvenienced.
We will still be operating our “Walking Bus” each morning, collecting children from the small car park on the corner of Argyle Street and Watkin Street at 8:20am. Please see the school website here: https://lowerplace.net/the-walking-bus/ for more information.
If you would like your child/ren to join the “bus” when we start back on Wednesday 4th September, please email the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org with “Walking Bus” in the subject line, letting us know the names of ALL the children who will be taking part.
If you have any questions about the development, please contact Rochdale Council’s Planning and Development Team at email@example.com or 0300 303 8873.