School is closed from 3:15pm on Friday 19th July 2019 to 08:45am on Wednesday 4th September! We hope you all have a happy and safe summer holidays, whatever you’re doing!
Extension to school
Over the summer holidays, Lowerplace is going to start to expand! We’ll be having an additional three classrooms built, to accommodate the larger year groups as they move up the school. Unfortunately, this will cause some disruption to the school site. We anticipate that the building works will take about 6 months to complete.
You can view the plans on Rochdale Council’s planning portal using the reference 18/01410/FUL. There is a second application relating to car parking with the reference 19/007403/DOC.
The planning portal can be found here: http://publicaccess.rochdale.gov.uk/online-applications/
For the duration of the building works, the site will be affected in the following ways:
- Parents and children can still use the normal entrances on Charter Street and Kingsway to enter the school site.
- The on-site path that connects the Key Stage One and Two playgrounds (running parallel to the back of Watkin Street) will be closed.
- The majority of the Key Stage One playground will be inaccessible – we can still access all the entrances and exits to the Charter Street building, so drop-off and pickup will be unaffected for the children in that building. Break and lunchtimes will be arranged to use the playground for the Kingsway building and the school field and MUGA pitch.
- The staff car park will be used as the builders’ access to the site, with staff parking moved onto the field immediately beside it.
- The footpath that connects Charter Street and Kingsway will be re-routed around the car park and the school’s fenced field area – access from the Charter Street side will remain the same but the route will meet Kingsway on the other side of numbers 12 – 20 Kingsway.
We do ask for your support when we return to school on Wednesday 4th September, as the area around school may be busier than normal. Please remember to drive and park safely near to school so that our children and our neighbours are not put in danger or inconvenienced.
We will still be operating our “Walking Bus” each morning, collecting children from the small car park on the corner of Argyle Street and Watkin Street at 8:20am. Please see the school website here: https://lowerplace.net/the-walking-bus/ for more information.
If you would like your child/ren to join the “bus” when we start back on Wednesday 4th September, please email the school office on email@example.com with “Walking Bus” in the subject line, letting us know the names of ALL the children who will be taking part.
If you have any questions about the development, please contact Rochdale Council’s Planning and Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 303 8873.