We’re so proud that we have become a Stonewall School Champion, and now are part of a network of over 1000 primary and secondary schools in the UK that are standing up to bullying and supporting a positive environment in school!
The ambassador for equality in our school is Mr Lomax. He has undergone training with Stonewall which enables him to support other school staff in tackling homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying and celebrating diversity. This training gives us Stonewall School Champion status, working to meet the following criteria:
- School policies are inclusive and explicitly state that homophobic, biophobic and transphobic (HBT) bullying is unacceptable
- A pupil-friendly anti-bullying policy is in place
- Pupils know what HBT bullying and language is and that it is wrong
- HBT bullying and language is recorded and monitored
- Teaching staff are trained to tackle HBT bullying and language
- Pupils have age-appropriate lessons on different families, celebrating difference and gender identity and stereotypes
- The library contains books celebrating difference and different families
- School displays celebrate difference and diversity.