We’re looking forward to World Book Day on Thursday 2nd March, and are inviting children to come to school dressed as a character from their favourite book. It would also be nice for them to share their favourite books and stories with their class, so if they would like, they can bring a copy of their favourite book into school with them.
We will be doing lots of reading on the day and discussing our favourite stories. We will also be taking part in role-play and other fun actiuvities around stories. Don’t forget to look on our class blogs to see all the fun things we have done!
I can’t wait to see which characters come to school on Thursday 2nd March!
Mrs Pearson, Reading Co-ordinator
P.S. If you’d like a few ideas, check out the list below!
Stuck for ideas? Why not think about:
* one of David Walliams’ characters, like The Boy In The Dress, or Gangsta Granny?
* someone from Roald Dahl’s magical books, such as Matilda, The BFG, or one of The Twits?
* a classic fairy tale character like Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood (or the Wolf!), the Little Mermaid, or the Snow Queen?
* Dennis the Menace or Where’s Wally could be a good choice if you have a stripey jumper on hand?
* any of the crazy characters from Dr Suess’s books – could you be the Lorax? Or perhaps Thing 1 and Thing 2 with your sibling or best friend?
* Tintin, Peter Pan and Angelina Ballerina could be fairly easy to put together from clothes already in your wardrobe!
* what if Lowerplace is really Hogwarts? It would be amazing to see Harry, Ron, Hermione and Hagrid – or maybe even Dolores Umbridge – around school.
Don’t forget, the staff will be taking part too – I wonder who we will all be? And will anyone actually be silly enough to be Captain Underpants?