Just a quick reminder that this Thursday 2nd May we will be closed for Teacher Training.
Children are welcomed back into school on Friday 3rd May.
We will then be closed for May Day Bank Holiday on Monday 6th May.
Did you know…?
* That the first Monday in May is a National Holiday in England, France, Germany, Sweden, Ireland, Romania, Canada, USA and Hawaii.
* The day is seen as a celebration of the start of Spring.
* Traditionally in the UK and America, towns and villages would celebrate May Day by decorating and the Maypole with ribbons and flowers.
* Morris Dancers often perform around the Maypole too.
* In village celebrations, a May Queen will be nominated and she is honoured to be queen for a day.
We hope you all enjoy your May Day Bank Holiday Weekend!
May Day 2013 on PhotoPeach